Springtime Fun
Charlotte and Sebastian enjoyed their Easter. First we went to the craziest Easter Egg hunt I have ever seen. It was at Domino Farms. There were 20,000 Easter eggs and turns out, there were probably 20,000 kids. Sebastian and I waited on the sidelines while Daddy took Charlotte into the queue for the hunt. I thought we'd get some reasonable video. They must have walked about 1/2 mile down the field. By the time we caught up, the hunt was over. Charlotte had lots of fun, though. She got a fair number of eggs filled with candy. She won two prizes - a camping set and a rolling bag filled with beach toys. She also got to ride a camel, which she enjoyed. Sebastian, on the other hand, got a wicked sunburn. It was cool and windy, but very sunny. He had on a hat so his forehead was protected but the rest of his face was bright red, except for the white patch where he had his pacifier!
The next morning we had a visit from the Easter Bunny. He brought lots of food and candy. Sebastian got a doorway bouncer and Charlotte got a puppy that grows and knows her name. "Hi, Charlotte. I'm so happy to see you." Needless to say this got a little old as we spent Easter driving from Ann Arbor to Princeton. Sebastian was a champ in the car. We actually made pretty good time, despite a late start.Princeton is lovely. Everything is very beautiful, expensive, swanky. It was an experience. Britt has accepted their offer for the PhD program so we will be moving there this summer. I was applauded by many a Princetonian for having TWO children and so boldly taking them out TOGETHER. I guess I should have brought my nanny along for support. HA! Charlotte will go to ULeague, a co-operative nursery school. I couldn't find anywhere suitable for Sebastian so he might, in fact, be getting himself a nanny.
Once we got back in town there was lots to do. Charlotte had her first dental appoint- ment. She did wonderfully. We now floss when we brush our teeth. It's a toss-up. It might actually be more cost efficient to get her a root canal and a crown than to pay for all the floss that she needs every time she brushes. It's hard to argue when the dentist told her to floss and she remembers that.Friday was great fun. We went to Dearborn, MI to the Henry Ford Museum. Thomas was in town for Day Out with Thomas. We took a ride on Thomas - complete with rolling eyes and coal powered engine. There were smoke and cinders and he weeshed steam. Charlotte had a great time. I think Sebastian liked the rocking of the train, though he didn't really know who Thomas was.

1 Comments:
We can't wait to welcome you to P-ton!
Post a Comment
<< Home