Happy Halloween
Halloween started back in September when Mommy ambitiously declared that she would make Charlotte's costume. After a quick trip to the fabric store, we shipped the pattern down to Grandma Dixon. There were darts, lining, and decorative trim. Putting in the zipper would have taxed Mommy's meager sewing skills. For those of you who remember, the last time I tried to sew a Halloween costume I stitched my own finger to my cat tail using the sewing machine.
The final result was stunning. Charlotte is a dragon princess this year. And Mr. Patch even has a costume of his own.
We went to the Exhibit Museum last weekend to have Halloween with the dinosaurs. There were live animals and craft tables. Charlotte got to hold geckos and snakes and she petted a spiny tortoise and some frogs. Her favorite was the tortoise. We watched him walk around for a really long time.
Then she got to dress up at preschool this week. The kids had a Halloween parade and got candy. Luckily, Britt didn't have to teach that morning so he helped get her ready and took lots of photos so Mommy could see how adorable all the little kids were.
This morning Mommy was woken by someone pouncing on her head shouting, "Can we carve the pumpkins NOW, Mommy?" So Mommy got up and prepared the pumpkins. Charlotte drew on the faces and Daddy carved her kittycat and Mommy carved her cat-cow. You'd never know that's what it was if I hadn't told you. We put them on the porch to await their turn lighting up the night. At some point during the day, a squirrel chewed a new nose onto the cat and ate part of his ears!!
Charlotte has been excited all day, just waiting to go trick or treating. She would have set out immediately following pumpkin carving if she'd been allowed. She wanted Daddy to take her so he is on first shift, taking her around the neighborhood.
So far, we haven't had as many kids to our house as I expected. I have about 30 pounds of candy and, unfortunately, I think I will have to eat a lot of leftovers. I suppose these are the sacrifices people talk about when you have kids :)
Happy Halloween!






The final result was stunning. Charlotte is a dragon princess this year. And Mr. Patch even has a costume of his own.
We went to the Exhibit Museum last weekend to have Halloween with the dinosaurs. There were live animals and craft tables. Charlotte got to hold geckos and snakes and she petted a spiny tortoise and some frogs. Her favorite was the tortoise. We watched him walk around for a really long time.
Then she got to dress up at preschool this week. The kids had a Halloween parade and got candy. Luckily, Britt didn't have to teach that morning so he helped get her ready and took lots of photos so Mommy could see how adorable all the little kids were.
This morning Mommy was woken by someone pouncing on her head shouting, "Can we carve the pumpkins NOW, Mommy?" So Mommy got up and prepared the pumpkins. Charlotte drew on the faces and Daddy carved her kittycat and Mommy carved her cat-cow. You'd never know that's what it was if I hadn't told you. We put them on the porch to await their turn lighting up the night. At some point during the day, a squirrel chewed a new nose onto the cat and ate part of his ears!!
Charlotte has been excited all day, just waiting to go trick or treating. She would have set out immediately following pumpkin carving if she'd been allowed. She wanted Daddy to take her so he is on first shift, taking her around the neighborhood.
So far, we haven't had as many kids to our house as I expected. I have about 30 pounds of candy and, unfortunately, I think I will have to eat a lot of leftovers. I suppose these are the sacrifices people talk about when you have kids :)
Happy Halloween!

2 Comments:
Super fabulous! We missed you tonight.
Charlotte is a gorgeous Dragon Princess. Grandma Dixon could be a costume designer! I loved seeing the fall leaves, too. That's a treat for us in Florida.
Post a Comment
<< Home