A Fun Week of Firsts
On Tuesday Britt took Charlotte to the grocery. It was the first time that they have gone out alone. Apparently it went better than it does for me. She was awake and alert and didn’t cry. She always wails when I get to the checkout line. It was also the first time I was home without Charlotte. I took a shower – without being rushed. Every time I heard the cat or the creak of a floorboard, I went to turn off the water and leap out to go see what Charlotte needed. But she wasn’t there!Thursday was our first adventure at the mall. We did lots of shopping for Charlotte (more on that later).
Then today (Friday) Charlotte began to discover her hands. This morning she was wringing them together, running her fingers of one hand over the other hand. She sort of held her hands up over her chest and looked at them as she worked her fingers. She grabbed Britt’s finger and ran her hands down his finger, let go, put her hand back, ran her hand down, etc. all while watching her hands. Over and over for 5 or 10 minutes. It was adorable.
Above, see Charlotte discovering her hands!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home